TammieCausey

Erin Lindsey
Truthwitch
Susan Dennard

Troubled Waters

Troubled Waters - Sharon Shinn Troubled Waters was a bit different from what I was expecting. I was expecting a lot more action. This reminded a little of Avatar: The Last Air Bender where people are born able to bend certain elements to their will. There were 5 people with that ability in the book, one for each element (water, wood, air, earth and fire), but only one of them ever used her power. It would have been so much better if the others had too. Everyone else is just born with certain personality traits influenced by elements. It was all very interesting but lacked the action needed to make the book more exciting and boost it to 4 stars for me. I had serious doubts about whether I was going to like this book for a while. Finally, well into the story, around the time Zoe finally got to the palace, things picked up and became more interesting. The love story was bit lack-luster and could have been developed more. I haven't decided if I want to read the next book in the series which looks like a companion book rather than a sequel.