TammieCausey

Erin Lindsey
Truthwitch
Susan Dennard

The Well of Ascension

The Well of Ascension  - Brandon Sanderson 3 1/2 stars. I liked it, but not as much as the first. It seemed to drag at the end and Vin just drove me crazy with her stupidity through much of it. Also there was a lack of romance between Vin and Elend. I mean, not that there weren't kissing scenes, there were. There was just no feeling in it. I usually don't care for the way men write romantic scenes. A lot of them tend to completely miss the mark with the emotions of it.

I do continue to enjoy the magic system in this series. Although I have to wonder if you would really be able to see coins that were moving fast enough to go through your body. So there are some flaws in it, but I will not pick it apart any more than that.

I liked that we got to see deeper into a few of the supporting characters this time around especially Breeze and Sazed. And the scene with Sazed all bulked up like the Hulk had me giggling, even though I probably wasn't supposed to find it humorous. I kept thinking of Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk and that line where he says, "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

The end was a little predictable with what happens to Elend, and I was hoping the whole time that who I thought was the spy wouldn't be the spy because I liked him so much, but of course he was.